Tuesday, September 23, 2008

On Life's Road

The Road of Life

Down I go,, on a lonely road

Places to explore ..... and a lot more

Reached a point where I had to decide

Which turn would I suffice


With a Lion Heart I roared

In the direction making my life soar.

Little did I know about what's gona be

Little did I realize how it will be


Turn here and turn there

I saw happiness everywhere

Was this a lucky road or fate

Not sure to love it or hate


For if its an illusion

It would be a spear

And if not

It would be something dear

Confused I walked on

And loved the way it shone


Ah! I saw another turn

My stomach just circled an urn

It was again the testing time

Not something funny or mime


I ranked my options.. one and two

Crazy I caught a flu

Finally I made a move

Walked ahead to just shoot


Lying on the floor

Now I thought

Was this a wrong entry

Or my destiny


Like Feathers of Hen

I fell in a Den

Gone were the illusions and glory

That was the end of my story


End ----- Three little word

Is the story of every word

Or a beginning of a quest-----

---- Another road of test!!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I came across your poem by a chance, I am glad I did. Its a beautiful poem, whispers the emotions of any girl who had been brave enough to make a choice in spite of a fear or doubt, and found that eventually it all turns out splendid.

Your words have their own beauty and meaning. I hope you'll enjoy one of Enya's song pasted below, they invoke similar emotions (forgive me if u have already heard them)

"I walk the maze of moments
but everywhere I turn to
begins a new beginning
but never finds a finish
I walk to the horizon
and there I find another
it all seems so surprising
and then I find that I know

You go there you're gone forever
I go there I'll lose my way
if we stay here we're not together
Anywhere is
The moon upon the ocean
is swept around in motion
but without ever knowing
the reason for its flowing
in motion on the ocean
the moon still keeps on moving
the waves still keep on waving
and I still keep on going

I wonder if the stars sign
the life that is to be mine
and would they let their light shine
enough for me to follow
I look up to the heavens
but night has clouded over
no spark of constellation
no Vela no Orion
The shells upon the warm sands
have taken from their own lands
the echo of their story
but all I hear are low sounds
as pillow words are weaving
and willow waves are leaving
but should I be believing
Then I am only dreaming

To leave the thread of all time
and let it make a dark line
in hopes that I can still find
the way back to the moment
I took the turn and turned to
begin a new beginning
still looking for the answer
I cannot find the finish
It's either this or that way
it's one way or the other
it should be one direction
it could be on reflection
the turn I have just taken
the turn that I was making
I might be just beginning
I might be near the end."

SALONI said...

Thank you so much for your lovely comment! It makes me feel so good that you have taken time to go over the poem!